Linux professionals are in high demand with 60 thousand open jobs today. 90% of hiring managers want Linux talent because Linux is used over the Internet, Cloud, mobile and CE as OS.
Show employers you have the skills and the knowledge to be a top sysadmin with the Linux Foundation Certified System Administrator.
This Linux course is for those just starting their career in IT as well as professionals with experience on other operating systems who want to add Linux to their portfolio.
This sysadmin course will help you develop the fundamental skills that employers look for in entry level Linux System Administrators by focusing heavily on hands-on practice via nearly 100 lab exercises.
- Installing the Linux operating system and configuring peripherals
- Performing and modifying startup and shutdown processes
- Configuring and maintaining basic networking services
- Creating and maintaining system users and groups
- Understanding and administering file permissions on directories and regular files
- Planning and creating disk partitions and file systems
- Performing maintenance on file systems
- Identifying and managing Linux processes
- Performing backups and restoration of files
- Working with system log files
- Troubleshooting system problems
- Analyzing and taking measures to increase system performance
- Configuring file sharing with NFS
- Configuring Samba for file sharing with the Windows clients
- Setting up a basic Web server
- Understanding the components for setting up a LAMP server
- Implementing basic security measures
- Shell Scripting for Automation
- Configuring DHCP & DNS for Network Manage.
- Network Troubleshooting.
- Mail server Configuration
- Open VPN Setup for virtual communication.
Linux Administration skills are most needed by many organizations. Certification in Linux Administration can do wonders too.
However, do not stop at just Linux Administration. Learn Automation, shell scripting, one additional scripting language. Be a master of atleast one web server. Study cloud computing too.
If you are a master at Linux Administration, you can grab all other skills pretty quickly.