MCSA certifications validate the skills to implement cloud-optimized technology solutions using a single Microsoft product.
Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) certifications are the foundation of Microsoft's new generation of cloud-optimized credentials. Each MCSA certificate demonstrates your ability to design and create technology solutions in one of Microsoft's core business platforms, e.g., Windows, Office, SQL Server and Azure.
The next step after MCSA certification is the Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE), which validates your abiliity to build more complex, cross-platform technology solutions.
If you are completely new to IT, you may want to begin with Microsoft's entry-level MTA certifications. This course is intended for information technology (IT) professionals who have some knowledge and experience working with Windows operating systems and who want to acquire the skills and knowledge necessary to install and perform the initial configuration of a Windows Server 2012 or Windows Server 2012 R2 server in an existing Windows server environment. Typically, candidates who are interested in attending this course include:
At course completion
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Install and configure Windows Server 2012.
- Describe AD DS.
- Manage Active Directory objects.
- Automate Active Directory administration.
- Implement IPv4.
- Implement Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP).
- Implement Domain Name System (DNS).
- Implement IPv6.
- Implement local storage.
- Implement file and print services.
- Implement Group Policy.
- Secure Windows servers by using Group Policy Objects (GPOs).
- Implement server virtualization by using Hyper-V.